Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Bus Ride Home

I just want to tell you a little story about my bus ride home. I ride the bus because I don't have a car. I'm the only senior on the bus, and I'm also the only one who isn't mentally retarded. Well anyway, there was a substitute bus driver today. I have a problem with bus drivers. I wrote about it on my ancient blog from long ago. Mostly, it's that they think they have power, but they don't. So if real bus drivers don't have any power, substitute bus drivers have even less.

The kids behind me are loudly swearing and talking about blow jobs and getting in fights with people, and I guess that is perfectly acceptable to this particular sub. Then when we get to my stop, he starts slowing down and I stood up to get off the bus. There were like five girls in seats in front of me, and I would stop and let them go out of their seats before me because I'm chivalric like that. I'm the last one to get off at this stop, but before I can cross that yellow line, the sub bus driver puts his arm across the aisle, so I can't pass and says (and I quote), "Sir, for your own safety, please remain seated until the bus has come to a complete stop."

I wish I could have seen my face. It would have been funny. It was probably a combination of "what are you doing" and "f*** you". I said, "Okay..." and got off the bus. And then I walked extra slow across the street just so the guy would have to sit and wait for me just a few seconds longer. If I want to endanger my own safety, I think that's my right. Smokers get to do it. How come I can't? I'm eighteen.

Well, that's my story. I wish I could have said something cooler than okay. That's so lame. If you can think of something really cool I could have said, you should leave a comment, so I will be better prepared next time.

No comments: